Typically, honey is sweet but can be cruel to infants. Spores of Clostridium botulinum bacteria — found in dirt and dust, which can contaminate honey — may lead to infant botulism and produce a toxin inside the body that can cause muscle weakness and breathing problems.
Benefits of natural honey
- Honey’s anti-inflammatory effects and ability to soothe coughs has led to the belief it can also reduce seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Honey is an excellent source of all-natural energy.
- The sweet nectar is loaded in antioxidants that may help prevent cellular damage and loss within the brain.
- Honey can be a health aid for sleepless nights.
- Honey can bring temporary relief to the scalp by targeting dandruff.
- Honey is a natural antibiotic that can act both internally and externally.